Lane Cove Electorate (NSW)
Guides for Lane Cove
View on your phone or print at home → Record choices → Take to the polling booth
It's never been easier... Just vote climate!
About the guides
Vote Climate One categorises all candidates and parties into three easy-to-follow groupings.
Listings are displayed in alphabetical order within each traffic light colour group.
Vote Climate One is party neutral. Positioning in lists does not infer any candidate or party is superior or inferior to another within each group.
Traffic Light Rankings on this page:
Other resources on this web site:
Lower House: Lane Cove
Upper House: NSW Legislative Council
Recommendations and news for Lane Cove
Promising Green Light candidates
Green light candidate Victoria Davidson (Running)
Victoria has been deemed worthy of support from Climate 200. Vote Climate One has also assessed her as an excellent candidate to support action on climate.
Climate Change and a Green Economy Policy
At least a 60% Emissions Reduction Target (ERT) by 2030, 80% by 2035, and Net Zero by 2040
- legislation of targets and clear emissions reduction planning for all sectors, including hard to abate sectors;
- legislation must ensure built-in monitoring and accountability;
- regular reporting to Parliament and a Climate Change Joint Parliamentary Committee would strengthen monitoring, reporting and public confidence.
- whole of economy approach to climate change solutions: a climate change lens applied to all government projects and decisions to ensure they are not incompatible with achieving ERTs;
- support for households and businesses to transition to full electrification and get off gas. Support the development of …
Green light candidate Heather Armstrong (Running)
All Greens candidates for the NSW state election have been assessed by Vote Climate One as Green Light Candidates because of their strong policy and action on climate.
The Greens NSW believe that:
1. Humans have radically altered Earth’s biophysical environment; this degradation poses the greatest threat to our planet’s climate system. A meaningful shift by communities, governments and corporations to a more harmonious and symbiotic relationship with Earth’s living systems is urgently required.
2. Climate change threatens all aspects of life. It is already disrupting human societies through changing weather patterns, extreme weather events, desertification and sea level rise. It threatens food security, water, the economy, social cohesion and the well-being of humans and …
Green light candidate Ben WISE (Running)
Pictured: 2022 NSW Senate candidate Cr Georgia Lamb (right).
“The viability of our societies depends on leaders from government, business and civil society uniting behind policies, actions and investments that will limit temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius.” Australian Broadcasting Corporation
“The world’s leading climate scientists have warned that the prospect of limiting global warming to 1.5C will be out of reach within 12 years at current rates of greenhouse gas emissions, in a report that finds it is now “unequivocal’’ that human activity is heating the planet.” The Australian [$]
- Act on climate …
Upper House party recommendations
Vote Climate One has assessed these parties as the safest bet for action on climate change. The parties are listed in alphabetical order. List placement does not infer ranking.
Elizabeth Farrelly Independents
Climate Action From fires to floods, climate change is affecting us all, with the potential for extreme damage to our homes, our communities and our economy. We not only need to take urgent action to transition rapidly to efficient, zero emission, low cost energy but to enable communities dependent on fossil fuel industries to effectively …Read more
Our rigorous assessment has scored green light parties above all others on ecological and climate policy. We advise you to preference members of parties like this first on your ballot paper.Read more
Sustainable Australia Party – Stop Overdevelopment / Corruption
Climate change Pictured: 2022 NSW Senate candidate Cr Georgia Lamb (right). “The viability of our societies depends on leaders from government, business and civil society uniting behind policies, actions and investments that will limit temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius.” Australian Broadcasting Corporation “The world’s leading climate scientists have warned that the prospect of limiting global warming …Read more
The Greens NSW
The NSW Greens have an excellent climate policy. Their parliamentary performance supporting action on climate has been outstanding. The Greens are the only minor party which has been ranked with a Green Light. Their policies and voting record contrast starkly with the National Party who are unequivocally Red Light on climate.Read more
Got something to tell us about Lane Cove or the NSW Legislative Council?
(If you would prefer to speak with a human please call: 0458 221 799)