Mount Druitt Electorate (NSW)
Guides for Mount Druitt
View on your phone or print at home → Record choices → Take to the polling booth
It's never been easier... Just vote climate!
About the guides
Vote Climate One categorises all candidates and parties into three easy-to-follow groupings.
Listings are displayed in alphabetical order within each traffic light colour group.
Vote Climate One is party neutral. Positioning in lists does not infer any candidate or party is superior or inferior to another within each group.
Traffic Light Rankings on this page:
Other resources on this web site:
Lower House: Mount Druitt
Upper House: NSW Legislative Council
Recommendations and news for Mount Druitt
Promising Green Light candidates
Green light candidate Asm MORSHED (Running)
All Greens candidates for the NSW state election have been assessed by Vote Climate One as Green Light Candidates because of their strong policy and action on climate.
The Greens NSW believe that:
1. Humans have radically altered Earth’s biophysical environment; this degradation poses the greatest threat to our planet’s climate system. A meaningful shift by communities, governments and corporations to a more harmonious and symbiotic relationship with Earth’s living systems is urgently required.
2. Climate change threatens all aspects of life. It is already disrupting human societies through changing weather patterns, extreme weather events, desertification and sea level rise. It threatens food security, water, the economy, social cohesion and the well-being of humans and other living things. Impacts …
Green light candidate Andrew DUDAS (Running)
The Climate Emergency
The AJP is the only political party with policies that comprehensively take into account all sources of emissions, including the impact of animal agriculture and land clearing on the global climate, and the need to urgently transition to a plant-based diet in order to address the climate crisis.
The Animal Justice Party (AJP) will take urgent action to address the climate emergency. In addition to phasing out fossil fuels, we will transition from animal agriculture towards more sustainable plant-based farming, and transform other climate threatening industries and practices. This is essential not only to reduce harmful emissions, but also to protect nature, and human and other animal life.
- Declare a climate emergency and biodiversity emergency at every level of government as the first step towards systemic change and climate justice.
- Rapidly transition from animal agriculture to plant-based agriculture and promote plant-based diets (see our Human Diet and Animals Policy).
- Protect, regenerate, expand, rewild and enhance all ecological systems including forests, grasslands, …
Upper House party recommendations
Vote Climate One has assessed these parties as the safest bet for action on climate change. The parties are listed in alphabetical order. List placement does not infer ranking.
Elizabeth Farrelly Independents
Climate Action From fires to floods, climate change is affecting us all, with the potential for extreme damage to our homes, our communities and our economy. We not only need to take urgent action to transition rapidly to efficient, zero emission, low cost energy but to enable communities dependent on fossil fuel industries to effectively …Read more
Our rigorous assessment has scored green light parties above all others on ecological and climate policy. We advise you to preference members of parties like this first on your ballot paper.Read more
Sustainable Australia Party – Stop Overdevelopment / Corruption
Climate change Pictured: 2022 NSW Senate candidate Cr Georgia Lamb (right). “The viability of our societies depends on leaders from government, business and civil society uniting behind policies, actions and investments that will limit temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius.” Australian Broadcasting Corporation “The world’s leading climate scientists have warned that the prospect of limiting global warming …Read more
The Greens NSW
The NSW Greens have an excellent climate policy. Their parliamentary performance supporting action on climate has been outstanding. The Greens are the only minor party which has been ranked with a Green Light. Their policies and voting record contrast starkly with the National Party who are unequivocally Red Light on climate.Read more
Got something to tell us about Mount Druitt or the NSW Legislative Council?
(If you would prefer to speak with a human please call: 0458 221 799)