Benambra & Northern Victoria Region Voting Guide
1. Research the options
Click on a candidate or party name to find out more information about them. We have included web site links and additional information about our Green Light parties and candidates.
The information here shows candidates and parties grouped first by traffic light, then listed in alphabetical order.
We are party neutral. Positioning in the list does not infer any candidate or party is superior or inferior to another within each group.
2. Record your choices
Our How-to-Vote Guide lists candidates running for both the electorate of Benambra (Lower House). In addition, it details voting instructions for the Northern Victoria Region (Upper House); all printable onto A4 paper.
3. Vote Climate!
Northern Victoria Region (Upper House)
Benambra falls within the Northern Victoria Region in regard to voting in the upper house (The Legislative Council) for Victoria.
Above the line voting in Victoria means you run the risk of supporting back room preference deals which will not help elect candidates committed to climate action. Read more...
Our Traffic Light advice immediately below is only applicable to voting below the line.
Important Message for Liberal voters in the Benambra electorate
As a Victorian Liberal Party voter you are well aware that the Coalition has dragged its feet on climate action and has avoided acknowleging the crisis we all face. By voting traffic light you have the opportunity to send a clear message to your party to take the climate emergency seriously. Preference the Green light candidates before the Liberal candidate, Bill Tilley and be confident your vote will not be wasted.
- If the Green light candidates drop out of the vote count before Bill, your preference will still end up as a Coalition candidate vote.
- Your vote remains live right down to the last two candiates left in the race for election.
WARNING about your vote in the Northern Victoria Region for the Upper House
- Do not put 1 in the Liberal Party box to vote above the line for the Legislative Council. Because of dodgy preference deals, your vote is likely to go to climate denying candidates.
- Voting above the line gives you no control over making your vote benefit climate action.
- Use our test run to learn how to vote below the line.
Got something to tell us about Benambra or the Northern Victoria Region?
(If you would prefer to speak with a human please call: 0458 221 799)